Tuesday 21 July 2015

Ta-Nehisi Coates dicks down a space bitch

I have been engrossed by Ta-Nehisi Coates new work "Between me and the world". Reading it is like having every part of you gathered up, rolled into a blunt and then smoked by some ethereal figure that is someone else and yet you at the same time. To become the blunt of yourself. To slide on a rainbow, running your fingers through the clouds as you go, landing at the bottom to find not a pot of gold but a pot of truth. THE pot of truth

The following passage epitomises the experience

"In my small apartment, she kissed me, and the ground opened up, swallowed me, buried me right there in that moment. How many awful poems did I write thinking of her? I know now what she was to me—the first glimpse of a space-bridge, a wormhole, a galactic portal off this bound and blind planet. She had seen other worlds, and she held the lineage of other worlds, spectacularly, in the vessel of her black body."

WHOA, b. Did you read that shit, money? did those word flow through your eyes right dead bang into the middle of your brain, homey? WHOA

This is the kind of thing that white privilege cuts you off from. These space hotties have been amongst us the whole time but I was too lost in my white world to see it.

But Ta-Nehisi Coates saw it - christ, brah - not only did he see it, he hit it! He filled the hoes wormhole no doubt. No point even asking her if the earth moved since we fucking bitches up in the troposphere right now. My boy Coates smashing galactic portals and fathering planets

Sadly, we dont get much more information on this marvellous space broad, not even whether she had good tits, but just this glimpse is enough to birth a 1000 questions, to open up paths to places I never even knew existed. This book is filled with passages like this. Passages I have started this blog to explore and share. Passages that will author the end of all this wretched whiteness that drowns the world in its evil

1 comment: